21 August 2006

Counting down the hours

For eight months, saying "Tomorrow I'm leaving for Mexico" seemed like an unattainable statement...except until now. I'm feeling nervous (my to-do list taunts me as I have lots to do yet) but also excited. I can't really explain it, but I'll try to describe it: a) the feeling you get after drinking 3 cups of strong coffee plus b) the feeling you got as a kid right before Christmas (specifically, the presents-opening part; you were excited that you'd get toys but also a little on edge because little brother Billy might get a better present, and yours might not be what you asked for).

Everyone tells me to pack light. It's amazingly hard though. I'm going for 10 months and I'm not sure if I should bring a windbreaker or a hoodie, two pairs of jeans or three. If we had feathers and/or fur it'd be so much easier. All's we would need is a comb and a tweezers to pick out the bugs.

I don't know what else to write now. I just know that today and tomorrow are going to be some of the two biggest days of my life and that I'll have a whole lot more to blog about than I do right now.

No comments: