26 August 2008

Today is Tuesday

My life in bullet points.


  • At work, about to end my lunch break (2 hours is the norm in Mexico)
  • Ate a semi-digestible hot dog ("Vikingo") from a convenience store, mango juice, cold latte -- 26 pesos. For breakfast, sincronizadas (think quesadillas) from my dealer (man who pushes a food cart around the building), 15 pesos.
  • The city is semi-smoggy -- ie, you can see the mountains and Santa Fe, but barely. For reference, I work on the 20th floor of the Mural Tower, and you can see most of the city. On a bad day (ie, most of the time), you can´t see the mountains, which lie about 5 miles south, Santa Fe, 7 miles east.
  • Reading "Brave New World", in Spanish
  • Working on two projects: updating AML´s website (www.aml.com.mx) and putting together a curriculum for teaching English.
  • I have this rubber thingy, not sure what it´s called, kind of resembles a thimble, but you put it over your finger and you can page through documents easily. It smells horrible, but I can´t stop sniffing it.
  • Just for kicks, I bid fake money on Joe Biden as getting selected as Obama´s VP on Intrade. If it were real money, I´d be rich...that´s how much I bid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regarding Bullet #6:
It's OK. You are who you are.
My grandfather once told me:
"Tis' better to sniff the rubber thingy than huff the aerosol."
Nate