23 January 2009

I wear Mexico on my hand

The other day I was crossing the street and tripped over a hole in the road. Asphalt, my hands and right elbow briefly kissed, and a few days later I noticed that the scrape on my right hand resembled the outline of Mexico City. Uncanny.

+++

All of last week was rainy, cold and overcast. This week it’s been the opposite, and on Wednesday, you could see the snow atop Iztaccihuatl (iz-tah-see-watt-ull; sleeping woman), a rare site from here. Regrettably, I didn’t take any photos of Mexico City from my office – every day except today has been exceptionally clear, no smog. Today is disgusting, but maybe it will be better in the afternoon.

+++

Preview: Bloggery topics for next week:
  • We haven’t had any picture posts for a long, long time. I have a pile of Mexico City snaps I’ll post.
  • They’re cutting water next week for 3-4 days…I’ll detail the despair and dehydration.
  • A recipe for delicious chocolate shakes.
  • My sporadic attempts at vegetarianism.
  • A review of the new Metrobus line.
  • Obama.
  • And maybe a post from a special guest!

No comments: